The safety and security of your family, guests and pets are the most important reasons to complete these tasks as soon as possible after moving in.
1. Change the locks and the garage door entry code. You have no idea how many of the former owner’s neighbors, friends or relatives have a key or know the garage code.
2. Hide an extra key in a combination lock box. Burglars know all of the usual spots where people hide keys such as under a flower pot or in a fake rock.
3. Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. If there aren’t any or they look dated, make sure to install new ones.
4. Check the temperature on your water heater, especially if you have young children. The safest and most eco-friendly setting is 120° F.
5. Make sure there’s a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and one on each additional floor.
6. Check motion lights and other security lights to make sure they have working bulbs.
7. Locate the main gas and water shut-off valves. Find the circuit box and label all of the breakers.
Five Star award recipient 2011-2018 honoring the top 7% of real estate professionals in Oregon.
IT’S A GOOD LIFE!!
Rachel Sheller, Principal Broker, Realtor, CRS, ABR, GRI, SRES, MASTERS CIRCLE, Earth Advantage Broker, Diversity Specialist-HOWNW, CSA-Certified Staging Agent
Oregon First, Realtors
View ALL available Houses on the market on my website
Licensed in the State of Oregon
***I’M ALWAYS HAPPY TO HELP YOU AND YOUR REFERRALS***
#realtor #oregon #Gresham #realty #clackamasrealestate #portlandhomes #portland #homesforsale #homeforsale #troutdale #homesforsaleinoregon #rachelsheller #homesonthemarket #rachel #housesforsaleinoregon #Greshamhousesforsale #ClackamasHousesforsale #greshamhomes #portlandrealestate #Portlandhomesforsale #Clackamas #clackamashomesforsale #sheller #housesforsale #houseforsale #realestate #Greshamhomesforsale